Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hair today...done tomorrow

"Important Haircut" alexsguide.net


This past weekend, I got my hair cut.  Now this was no little hair cut.  In the longest places, I lost nearly 10 inches of hair! I walked in to Becky, my hairdresser for nearly 16 years, knowing that I wanted it cut pretty short.

This is the shortest I have ever gone, and it was a bit of a shock at first. When I went to wash it, I was amazed at how little was left in the back, and when I went to work out, I didn't really know what to do with it; it is far too short for a ponytail. 

Although I do like the short cut and style, I was a little anxious what other people would think of it.  I got a lot of compliments on Monday at school; most of them seemed sincere. After Mrs. McCall and Mrs. Enders called it "sassy," I was feeling a lot better about the big change. This is an example of a concept called "looking-glass self." The idea is that as others share how they see you, you begin to see yourself that way too. This also relates to self-concept and perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment