Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New Quarter

Image source: http://boredcentral.com/eliminate-boredom-in-the-classroom-yes-it-can-be-done/
I always get excited for a new quarter to begin; I like the idea of a clean slate and starting from the beginning.  I find that the first day of the quarter often indicates what kind of class (personality-wise) each section will be.  I understand the class is made up of individuals, but it also seems as if each section has a collective personality as well.  Yesterday, I observed a lot of nonverbal and verbal communication. Some sections are far more verbal than others; just as some sections are far more nonverbal that others.  I find that my mood, tone, and overall temperament changes depending on how verbal or nonverbal a class is.  I use the messages I receive from the classes to determine how I should respond. That is a big part of communication: being able to not only receive messages from the audience, but also responding appropriately. 

Here's to a fun, engaging quarter focused on bettering ourselves as communicators!

No comments:

Post a Comment