Thursday, January 10, 2013

"You're Not Supposed to Be Here"

During hall duty this morning, I had three students tell me that I wasn't supposed to be here today.  I knew these students weren't 100% serious and were just hoping for an open notes guide test today.  I was helping a student from another class brainstorm paper topic ideas when the third Interpersonal Communication student told me I shouldn't be here today. The non-Inter Comm student was confused and thought that the Interpersonal Communication student was being serious and honest, in a harsh way; he thought the student was being disrespectful and rude.  I explained that it was all in fun.  That's a great example of how perception can vary!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should have stayed home that day as well. Because I believe you should have more time to spend with your family and it has nothing to do with the open notes test if you never showed up.

    ReplyDelete