Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Something wrong with my...pants?

I was picking up on some interesting nonverbals in my Enriched English 11 class yesterday. While I was talking about the 1920s, I noticed a couple students staring downward towards my pants rather than at my face or hand gestures. I figured it was nothing until I glanced over at them a second time, and they were still doing. I was suddenly flooded over with embarrassment and self-consciousness.  What if I had a spot or spill? Or even worse: what if there was a hole in my pants?!  I had so much intrapersonal communication going on and so much psychological noise, that I had to stop and ask what the distraction was. It turns out that the braided part of the end of my belt was peeking out and unidentifiable. It was both a mystery and distraction to them.

As soon as that mystery was solved, I was able to go on with class without any problem(s).

Source: http://lubbockonline.com/sites/default/files/wp-images/pants1.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I find this very funny and truthful. I hate it when I feel like peole are staring at my I get so self-conscious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that would make me curios. Haha also I love the Garfield cartoon. When ever I read comics Garfield is first on my list.

    ReplyDelete