Friday, May 15, 2015

Nervous haibts

Like a mentioned in class today, I discovered my mom and I both have the same nervous habit for picking our nails. I noticed it yesterday as we were waiting in my Gramps' room for Macken Funeral Home to come and pick my Gramps up.  It was awkward due to the situation as well as the silence; I don't do very well with complete silence.  I am left wondering if this example of nonverbal communication is something that in inherited or learned from watching, nature vs. nurture. 

http://www.divinecaroline.com/sites/divinecaroline.com/files/styles/slide/public/shutterstock_104835665.jpg?itok=U6OwjULp

3 comments:

  1. I have nervous habits too. I tend to bite my finger nails when I am nervous or stressed out. When I am standing in front of a group of people and it is awkwardly silent I tend to sway back and fourth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is nice that you get to post, so that people get to know you better. i get nervous too when i sing in front of a group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think nervousness is a natural human feeling, but it's how we handle it that is important. Thanks for the nice comment! We'll talk more about "getting to know each other" in chapter 3!

      Delete