Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Another of my cultures

In class today, I shared being a runner as one of my cultures, and it truly is something I love and a culture I am a part of. Looking around my classroom, you might have guessed that I consider myself a Potterhead, too, which is a fandom culture related to Harry Potter. I gobbled up the books, saw the midnight showing of most of the movies, and continue to read the books and watch the movies. I could go on and on over how badly I want my own hippogriff...
Hippogriff: http://animal-dream.com/data_images/hippogriff/hippogriff7.jpg
or how badly I cried when Dobby died.  I own t-shirts, a wand, the books, the movies, and more. It really is something I can get pretty excited over and passionate about.
Dobby: http://barkpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/dobbytheelf-808x500.jpg





4 comments:

  1. I will admit it I cried a lot when Dobby died too, we all did. He is greatly missed by any and all Potterheads, nothing will ever be the same without him in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Our culture may be missing Dobby, but he is a free elf now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabby, thank you for those kind words that offered and immediate sense of kinship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the movies and read the books and I can relate. This blog post can relate to a lot of cultures I'm sure. And it's nice to know that you have people who can relate with you. It's nice to have people to share that connection with. Keep Pottering. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore

      Delete