Thursday, September 21, 2017

Under 200

Earlier this week, my husband and I were talking about our budgets. We are a Financial Peace house and follow most of Dave Ramsey's guidelines for budgeting. When we were talking about one of our "envelops" in the system, my husband said we had to be careful because we were "under $200."  What he meant is that we had less than $200 in that fund, $168 to be exact, but because I was not being a mindful communicator and not taking focusing on all his words, I misinterpreted the "under 200" as we were negative $200! I immediately started asking questions because I had no idea how that could have happened. Once he clarified for me what he meant by "under 200," we were both back on the same page. This is an example of ambiguity in communication since were each interpreting the same words differently.



No comments:

Post a Comment