Friday, September 29, 2017

"Strong" self disclosure example

Yesterday, KMHS was honored with having a guest speaker come in and deliver some important messages to the student body and staff as well entertain us with some strength tricks.  John Pritikin shared some very personal stories about his childhood and struggles he experienced growing up.  He was delivering self disclosure after self disclosure that left me laughing at time and crying at others.  He was an amazing story teller verbally and nonverbally.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I heard he was coming to speak, but I have to admit, I was really impressed. At the base of his message, he challenged us to mindful of the messages we are sending and be there to help each other out when we need it.  I'm hoping that both of those become common KoMet behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment