Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First day of class!

Today was the first day of Interpersonal Communication.  I had butterflies in my stomach all day! I was excited to being a class that I was so passionate about, but I was concerned that the excitement wouldn't be contagious.  One of the highlights, for me anyway, from the first day was the tennis ball activity in the hallway.  It was fun for me to observe how everyone participated in the activity a little differently.  What I really enjoyed watching, though, was when I asked the students to no longer speak; they could only communicate non verbally.  It was really fascinating to see the different techniques students used.  There was a lot of pointing, snapping, and even some whistling.  If the rest of the activities are met with as much enthusiasm as this first one, I think we have a very fun and educational quarter ahead of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment