Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tuesday Night Noise

Source: https://media.licdn.com/media/p/7/000/1f5/34c/39de0a1.png

Almost every Tuesday evening, once the weather is nicer, I participate in charity 5k races at Terra Loco in Rochester. Terra Loco is a running story by Trader Joe's and Apache Mall, and every Tuesday night when the weather cooperates they host an organized 5k race followed with snacks and raffles.  It's a good time, and each race raises money for a different organization; the races are only $5 each, too. 

A lot of Tuesdays, we make the race a family affair, meaning my husband, son, and I all participate, or just my son and I do it together.  He's got the 1-mile run down, but 3.1 miles is a bit too much for him yet, so I push him the B.O.B. stroller I've been running with him in since he was less than 6 months old. 


One of the challenges of pushing Murphy while running is my inability to hear him well.  Whether it's because of cars passing, people passing. or the one ear bud I allow myself to wear when it is the two of us, there is a lot of physical noise that gets in the way of hearing Murphy well. I usually say "wait until we aren't by the cars" or something to let him know that I can't hear him, but I want to, and will be able to soon; that way he doesn't feel like his message is any less important.

No comments:

Post a Comment