Friday, November 18, 2016

Noise on the Family Dog Walk

Last night, around 5pm, my family chose to take a walk together since the weather was so nice. We didn't get very far before we noticed a lot of flashing lights, sirens, and emergency vehicles. My son was curious and suggested we change from our normal route to a new one to see what was going on.  This is what we encountered:
 http://www.kaaltv.com/news/rochester-motorcycle-crash/4321483/?cat=10151

My son had a hard time communicating with us because he was so distracted by the seen (Psychological noise), but I'm not sure we would have heard him much anyway with the sirens and men directing traffic (Physical noise). I was worried about the motorcyclist involved in the accident as we watched a body be loaded on a stretcher and into the back of an ambulance; I was so worried about that poor person that I completely missed something my husband said to me (Psycholocial noise).

1 comment:

  1. Scary occasion, but interesting how much we unknowingly hear noise in so many differnt circumstaces. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete