Friday, November 11, 2016

Political Noise

This has been an emotional week for me. I normally keep politics out of the classroom, but I feel that reflecting briefly on the week is not only therapeutically necessary for me, but also a great example of how I have experienced noise this week.  Starting Wednesday morning, I've been overwhelmed by psychological noise.  I'm preoccupied internally by feelings of fear, worry, and concern for others.  I've struggled with articulating these feelings, and to be honest, I felt uncomfortable sharing them with anyone outside of my immediate family and closest friends. Then, this morning, a close friend of mine Facebook messaged me a blog post she had recently read. She knew that I would find a kindred spirit in the author of the post and comfort in her words.

So not only have I been preoccupied by psychological noise this week, tying into Chapter 1 concepts, but also a piece of social media, computer-mediated, mass communication was shared with me that connected on a deeper, more personal level.

I am NOT posting this to start some sort of political debate in the comments. Instead, I'm simply showing how I was touched by a computer-mediated, mass communication piece posted by a stranger but was greatly affected by it.

The blog post, "Written in Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment