Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Recency Theory

Normally, I am more of a primacy theory person, meaning first impressions stick more than most recent interactions.  Jenn from the Minneapolis Business College is the exception to that.  I was expecting my favorite MBC speaker this morning, a man named Jody. When Jenn walked in, I was immediately taken back to her last visit to my classroom where I struggled to keep up with her energy and lightning-fast pace.  That created some psychological noise for me; I had a hard time focusing on her based on both my disappointment that it wasn't Jody and the fact our last interaction wasn't the most pleasant for me. Nevertheless, she offers some EXCELLENT information and complements our Chapters 5 and 6 in class. I'm hoping you were able to still connect with and learn from her presentation today.

No comments:

Post a Comment